There comes a time when you have to let go…. when you know the late nights and email addiction is no longer serving you or your business. If you have had your light bulb moment and know it is time to hire your admin assistant or first CFO it may not be as easy as you think!
The great resignation has created a hugely buoyant market as we know, but that is not the only problem. Your company culture has become a significant differentiator that you cannot overlook. Unfortunately, this stark reality has caught a lot of companies off guard as they realise they have a lot of catching up to do.
“Companies that create a respectful and inclusive culture see higher levels of employee motivation, productivity, and retention”.
Is your organisation on the right track?”
As detailed in the Women @ Work 2022 report by Deloitte the rate at which individuals and especially women are leaving the workplace is not slowing down. In fact stats like these show that companies are not yet doing enough for women who:
So where is the shift required in the culture driven change that will showcase you as the employer of choice. No matter how small your team or organisation, this is where the work is needed now.
If you are about to recruit into your organisation, my advice is to spend less time on the linkedin advert and salary expectation and more on whether YOU will get chosen and not the other way round. Wanna get it right, it is time to take action?
- Re-assess your hybrid working policies to ensure they are inclusive and truly reflect the needs of all. In a post-covid workplace women still find it hard to switch off after work and manage their multi faceted responsibilities. They need support to do their best work.
- Put a spotlight on your shared values and actions, are they helping to support your culture? Are your foundations based on open and honest conversations, feedback and recognition.
- At the early stages of building your leadership team are you focused on representation at the top to increase diversity and pay equality for your future success?
Get the word out if you have your act together!
- Use social media to keep prospective employees up to date with what is going on behind the scenes.
- Promotional videos showing happy, active and engaged employees is a great way to invite people into your world.
- Utilise great HR and recruitment relationships to evangelise about your culture. No better place than starting at the front door of the process.
If you want to see the benefits of a workplace culture that attracts the best talent instead of repels it, you and your leaders will need to take affirmative action before it is too late.
Need a workplace culture assessment to see where you are now and the behavioural gaps that exist. Together we can assess the work required to accelerate your culture change and strategic direction. Book your consultation today to get started on this important initiative.
Email: Mandy Tucker Consulting: email@example.com for keynotes, workshops and Leadership Coaching.
Mandy Tucker is a corporate leader and qualified executive coach using her consultancy to help founders and CEOs lead from the front, build their teams and irresistible culture. Using her proprietary PACE framework she helps “Start Up” companies who are ready to scale. She will arm you with the best leadership coaching, techniques and frameworks to educate your teams on how to work together and build a culture they do not want to leave. Emotional Intelligence, Positive Psychology and Psychological Safety practices are the bedrock of Wellbeing and organisational success in the new Start Up era.
#culture #inclusivecultures #greatresignation #startupculture #peoplefirst
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment