As you build your business and high performing team it is easy to lose sight of your vision, strategic direction and wellbeing. The feeling of burnout and ongoing stress is easy to ignore but not as easy to recover from.
69% of leaders are under intense pressure because of the ongoing Covid-19 implications and financial pressures that are all around us.
To understand the best strategies to help you get back on track let’s dig into the definition and red flags to look out for. Ready? Breaaaattth!!!
You are helping no-one on your journey to world domination if you cannot manage your own leadership journey and ensure you remain level headed and in a good place physically and mentally.
In the throws of Burnout Busy-ness! This is what it looks like.
- Not being able to focus on your priorities. Maybe you are embarking on your next funding round or team meeting. Feeling out of sorts, fuzzy headed or irritable is hard to manage day to day.
- Your team and business relationships start to suffer. Withdrawing from conversations and strategic engagement as you are not experiencing the passion you once did. When your stress bleeds into personal relationships it can feel like a no-win situation.
- Wanting to quit due to excessive burnout. When your hard work feels like it is no longer paying off and nothing is as rewarding as it once was.
- Direct health issues causing headaches, heart problems, anxiety and palpitations are all possible when burnout is experienced.
92 percent of small business owners have experienced mental health problems over the past two years as detailed in the survey conducted by the centre for economic and business research.
The psychological wellbeing of entrepreneurs and founders is a perennial issue that most find it hard to side step but if you want to make sure you defy the odds then here are some ways to protect your health and – YOUR BUSINESS!
- Get yourself a coach. Being able to see past your blind spots and recognise the onset of stress is a great skill that a coach can support. Using self-reflection and practical techniques can help you see the situation with more clarity.
- Manage your #emotions. Taking note of how you feel and behave in the moment will be useful indicators when you are succumbing to your environment. Just like implementing your business metrics and KPI’s do the work to know your triggers and the steps you will take to reduce stressful situations.
- Separate your work from social life. Stop taking work home and expecting your nearest and dearest to be as invested in your latest business challenge. Showing more interest in external factors leaves your friends and family feeling dis-engaged and on the periphery of who you are as an individual.
- Develop resilience to manage intense pressure. Forming a bounce back attitude that helps you see the potential, instead of doom helps you be solution focused and able to rebound when things get tough.
Need help to keep you from reaching the brink of #burnout , or maybe you already see the signs. Want to grow a team where your employees thrive and feel supported, then maybe a 360 Emotional Intelligence survey or workshop may be a great starting point.
Book a consultation to see how I partner with leaders and organisations to improve productivity, employee wellness and corporate culture strategies. Contact: Email: email@example.com or www.startupculturecode.com for more information or subscribe to our Newsletter providing valuable insight to team and culture building.
Mandy Tucker is a corporate leader and qualified executive coach using her consultancy to help founders and CEOs lead from the front, build their teams and irresistible culture. She helps “Start Up” companies who are ready to scale. She will arm you with the best leadership coaching, techniques and frameworks to educate your teams on how to work together and build a culture they do not want to leave. Emotional Intelligence, Positive Psychology and Psychological Safety practices are the bedrock of Wellbeing and organisational success in the new Start Up era.
#emotions #teambuilding #leadership #remoteteam #hybridworking #burnout #emotionalpain
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment